Today, OFCCP released deadlines and FAQs about its Contractor Portal (previously known as Affirmative Action Program Verification Interface). Contractors will be required to register and annually certify whether they have an AAP for their establishment(s) subject to OFCCP’s jurisdictional thresholds. The Portal will also be used by contractors to upload their AAPs to OFCCP during compliance evaluations.
An Estimated 250,000 Companies Will Receive Notices from OFCCP
- Registration for the portal will begin February 1, 2022. Contractors must first create a gov account using an email and a secure password for entry into the portal. With that account, you will then create an account on OFCCP’s portal with your Employer Identification Number (EIN) and EEO-1 Headquarter/Company Number and Establishment/Unit Number(s).1
- Certification of affirmative action program compliance will begin March 31, 2022 in the portal.2,3
- By June 30, 2022, existing contractors must certify whether they have developed and are maintaining an affirmative action program for each establishment and/or functional unit, as applicable.
Kairos is Here to Help!
Kairos will continue to monitor any changes, including deadlines, videos, and further instructions OFCCP intends to release regarding the portal. We are prepared to assist you with your registration and annual certification when the portal opens in February of 2022. Please reach out to Jennifer McAlister (Director of Operations & Reporting) if you have additional questions or concerns.
Contact us if you need assistance in determining if any of your establishments are or are not subject to OFCCP’s AAP jurisdiction.
Kairos clients are encouraged to review the “Annual Action Checklist” in the Kairos Client Portal before certifying compliance. The portal is filled with additional resources, including required training for managers, supervisors, and other individuals involved in the selection process.
- If the Contractor does not know its EEO-1 identifiers, the Contractor will be required to enter their EIN, Legal Business Name, DUNS Number, and NAICS Code.
- Certification does not exempt contractors from compliance audits.
- Contractors that are only construction contractors and not also supply and service contractors are not required to certify compliance