On Tuesday, January 12, the EEOC issued news release on the status of the 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 reports. The online portal will open in April 2021. Companies should expect to file the 2019 reports at the same time they file their 2020 reports. You can view the original release here.
California Pay Data Reporting
Under California legislation enacted on September 30, 2020 (Senate Bill 973) employers with more than 100 employees must report certain pay and other data to the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH). This will affect employers with employees located in, or reporting to a supervisor/facility in, California. The report is similar to the EEO-1 Component 2 report.
- The snapshot for the CA Pay Data Report will be a single pay period between October 1 through December 31.
- Employers must use W-2 Box 5 for the report.
- Employers should utilize actual hours worked plus paid time off to calculate the hours worked.
- The report will include 12 pay bands for each of the 10 EEO-1 categories for both the wage section and hour section.
- The submission portal will be open February 15 through March 31.
Let Kairos Help
If you would like Kairos to review your reports and compare them to your AAPs for consistency, please let us know as soon as possible. Kairos Services also offers EEO-1 Report and CA Pay Data Report preparation and filing services. If you would like us to prepare and submit your reports this year, please email or call for a quote today.